Saturday 10 September 2022
THE ROYAL PROCLAMATION – BEVERLEY: Information for the Beverley Royal Proclamation – Sunday 3:30pm
All residents are invited to gather at the Market Cross on Sunday to hear the proclamation of the new King. The Proclamation will be read by the High Sheriff of the East Riding of Yorkshire in the presence of the Lord-Lieutenant of the East Riding of Yorkshire, Chairman of East Riding of Yorkshire Council and the Mayor of Beverley at the Market Cross in Saturday Market. Road closures are in place to facilitate this and are in force from Sat 10th Sep 18.00 to Sunday 11th Sep 18.00 (click here for more details).
Floral Tributes can be left at the following locations:
- Coronation Garden (North Bar Within)
- Hengate Memorial Garden (Hengate)
- St Mary’s Church – People are welcome to attached floral tributes to the church railings (string is available on site).
Books of Condolence
The following locations have Books of Condolence members of the public are welcome to sign:
- Beverley Library/Treasure House (Champney Road): Books of Condolence are available to sign during usual opening hours (Fri 9.30-17:00, Sat 9.00-16.00, Mon and Wed 9.30-17.00, Tue and Thu 9.30-20.00).
- Beverley ERYC Customer Service Centre (Cross Street opposite County Hall): Books of Condolence are available to sign during usual opening hours (Mon to Thu 9.00-17.00, Fri 9.00-16.30, Sat and Sun closed).
- Beverley Minster: 10.00 – 16.00 on weekdays and 13.00 – 16.00 on Sunday. You may also light candles of remembrance and leave flowers. There is also space to sit and pray.
- St Nicholas Church: Open 14.00-16:00 on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September for people to sign a Book of Condolence and have time for personal prayer.
- Beverley Minster: The 11.00 service on Sunday 11th September will be one of remembrance to Her Majesty, and all are warmly invited and very welcome.
- St Nicholas Church: The 10.00 Holy Communion on Sunday 11th September has a theme of Christian service, – this will include giving thanks for HM The Queen’s many years of service and praying for the King and the royal family in this time of loss for them.