North Ferriby 1-1 Shirebrook Town

It took a last gasp equaliser from Jackson Jowett for the Villagers to rescue a point against Shirebrook with a 1-1 draw the result at the Dransfield. The Villagers keep their unbeaten run going but see their five-point lead change to a 3 point with their result coupled with scores elsewhere.   

Ferriby had the first few opportunities of the game as Jamie Forrester went close from a free-kick. Josh Whiteley played a good ball across the six-yard box after a brilliant flick on from Tom Corner, evaded Danny East and Harvey Carew who only need to get a touch to put the Villagers ahead.  

Ferriby had the first warning from their visitors as Nathan Jessop received the ball and cut inside and after a mini-run hit a shot towards the goal of Jordan Douglas who needed two attempts to gather the ball. Kenan McKenzie – Gray found some space behind the Ferriby defence but Douglas was there to stop the Shirebrook winger.  

Ferriby skipper Niall Tilsley had the next effort as he unleashed a shot from 30 yards out that hit the post with Shirebrook goalkeeper Lewis Hill beaten. Despite this, the Villagers found themselves a goal behind not long after. A ball over the top was misjudged by Ben Leyland as McKenzie-Gray was allowed to play the ball across the face of goal, somehow the ball landed at the feet of Shirebrook striker Josh Parfitt, as the Ferriby defence left the ball, and he poked the ball past Douglas.  

The Villagers had another scare just before the break as Parfitt, who caused the Villagers problems all first half found Jessop who shot wide of the goal. The Villagers went into the half with much to improve upon.  

The visitors were the side who started the second half the brightly as Jessop was put on goal by Parfitt, as he beat the offside trap to find the number nine. Fortunately for the Villagers, Jessop fired over as he shot first time.  

After this let off the Villagers still found it hard to get going. Danny Buttle who impressed when he came on found Josh Whiteley, who headed wide and didn’t trouble Hill. Josh Dennett had a shot that was well saved by Hill as he saved Dennett’s shot out for a corner. Josh Whiteley was in the action again as he fired over when found in the box. The Ferriby striker was leaning back which didn’t help his chances.  

The Villagers started to pile on a bit more pressure and Jackson Jowett came close as he fired a header over when stood near the front post. The Villagers started to see any hope of an equaliser slip away but on the 89th minute, the scores were level. A free-kick was given to the Villagers on the edge of the area but on the left flank. Jowett stood over the ball and fired a low effort past everybody in the box and Hill to pull the scores level.  

It was a game that didn’t see the best of performances by the Villagers and an impressive performance from Shirebrook really tested the Villagers all afternoon.  

North Ferriby FC: 1) Douglas, 2) Dennett, (15. McFadyen) 3) Leyland, 4) Kemp, (12. Jowett) 5) Tilsley, 6) Forrester, 7) Carew, 8) Tarbotton, 9) Whiteley, 10) East, 11) Corner (14.Buttle).
Subs not used: 13) Exall, 16) Fenton

North Ferriby kindly provided the report.