Home Name: Figham House
Location: Beverley East Riding
Contract Type: Part-time, Permanent
Rate of Pay: £8.91 per hour
Figham House Beverley East Riding is currently looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant to join their fantastic catering team! The successful candidate with work with the Chef to prepare all residents’ meals, ensuring work is carried out in a safe and hygienic way, the kitchen is kept clean, meeting the Food Safety guidelines and Burlington Care Homes own high standards.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
· To assist the Cook with the preparation of varied, nutritious meals for the residents.
· Help with the serving of meals for residents, be understanding of any specific food requirements and ensure everyone is treated with respect, dignity and given choice.
· To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health & Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
· To clean and tidy all areas of the kitchen with the correct products following instruction and guidance contained in the cleaning schedules ensuring Burlington Care is always cleaned to the highest standards.
· Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in full, safe working order, immediately report any faults to the Cook and the Caretaker.
· To receive and unload new stock, store appropriately and rotate current stock correctly to maintain optimum freshness of all foodstuff.
· Participate in Staff and Resident meetings as and when required.
Candidate Requirements Include:
· Experience working in a busy catering environment, preferably in a Care Home setting.
· Good communication and a courteous manner.
· Excellent time-keeping and ability to multi-task and prioritise where required.
· Experience working with special dietary requirements, including modified texture diets is preferred.
· To complete an Intermediate Food Hygiene Qualification within 2 years of taking up position, if not already completed.