Jig shop operative
We are delighted to present the opportunity to work for the leading manufacturer of quality holiday homes. Working Monday – Friday with overtime also available, you will play an important role in ensuring our client continues its rapid growth at their state of the art production facilities.
Accountabilities of the role.
Ensure the safe build of all section / bulkheads to the quality standards set by the company. Responsible for liaising with the Supervisor and other jig shop operatives to ensure a safe and smooth running of jig shop.
• Possess the ability to read & interpret technical drawings, ensuring all information is in date & work carried out as directed
• Check Job cards for relevant information that affects build & production schedule.
• Check all materials are in good order & are to the correct specification before use
• Prepare relevant jig / lath for use • Check all tooling is damage free & fit for use, Check all safety features are all working
• Present timbers to jig / lat correctly, in line with measurements; be able to select the correct tooling for the assembly
• Assemble timbers with the correct fixings to a high quality standard, in line with the drawing
• Be able to identify socket locations and mark in correct positions; router holes to create necessary sockets, ensuring correct jigs are used
• Has the ability to inspect finished bulkhead / section to ensure compliance & high quality standards are met
• Document any errors or issues which could have an effect on production and report to the Supervisor immediately
• Carry out any alterations / rectifications throughout production process
• Any other work as directed by supervisor