Hull City 0-3 QPR

Hull City’s first home game of the new Sky Bet Championship season ended in a 3-0 defeat to Queens Park Rangers.

The scoreline was harsh on the Tigers, who were denied by two goal-line clearances in the second half at 1-0 down, but Rangers ran out winners in the end with the home side also seeing George Moncur sent off.

Grant McCann made two changes to the eleven that had started against Preston on the opening day. Callum Elder made his first appearance since the end of last season as he replaced Josh Emmanuel at left-back, while there was a competitive debut in a black and amber shirt for Ryan Longman as he came in for the injured Mallik Wilks wide right.

Former Tigers Jordy de Wijs and Moses Odubajo were both included in the visitors’ starting line-up.

Matt Ingram made a routine save from a deflected Ilias Chair shot and Keane Lewis-Potter headed over from Lewie Coyle’s cross in the opening minutes, before Moncur curled a decent effort just over the bar after creating the opportunity for himself on the left edge of the QPR box.

It was QPR that opened the scoring in the 16th minute. A short free-kick was worked into the feet of Chris Willock and he let go a powerful drive that seemed to deceive Ingram to find the net.

The home side were forced into a change as the half wore on as Longman pulled up and was replaced by Matt Smith, with Moncur moving out to the right.

Lyndon Dykes had a good chance to add a second two minutes before the break but his weak header was saved by Ingram, while a much better header by Josh Magennis from a Keane Lewis-Potter cross almost brought an equaliser but the effort was well kept out by Seny Dieng.

Read the full report – click here.

Hull City: Matt Ingram; Lewie Coyle (Josh Emmanuel 75), Alfie Jones, Jacob Greaves, Callum Elder; Richie Smallwood (c) (Randell Williams 73), Greg Docherty, George Moncur; Ryan Longman (Matt Smith 35), Keane Lewis-Potter, Josh Magennis.
Subs Not Used: Nathan Baxter, Tom Eaves, Andy Cannon, Di’Shon Bernard.

Queens Park Rangers: Seny Dieng, Lee Wallace, Rob Dickie, Jordy de Wijs, Yoann Barbet, Stefan Johansen (George Thomas 85), Lyndon Dykes (Charlie Kelman 85), Ilias Chair (Andre Dozzell 59), Dominic Ball, Chris Willock, Moses Odubajo.
Subs Not Used: Jordan Archer, Osman Kakay, Jimmy Dunne, Albert Adomah.

Goals: Willock (16), Dykes (68), Dickie (74′).

Referee: Mr M. Donohue.

Attendance: 10,728.