DESIGNED BY GETEXTRA
Beverley History – The Holderness Hotel
The Holderness Hotel
The Holderness Hotel later became Schofield’s Shop but when the hotel was upgraded from the old Blue Boar Pub in 1829 it had been the subject of a huge £500 investment. During its existence it had stabling for 64 horses and was considered one of the best hotels in the area. It was also the centre of much political activity in the hotly contested elections of the late 1800’s as it becme the headquarters for Liberal party activities.
Today the Paperchase and New Look shops currently occupy the ground floor of the building.