DESIGNED BY GETEXTRA
Beverley History – The Beverley Arms Hotel
The Beverley Arms hotel was previously known as the Blue Bell Inn. It was modernised in the 1700’s into the Georgian building known so well today and renamed. Originally the hotel was a posting house where horses could be changed after their journey on the turnpike road between Beverley and Hull. It would also have been an important meeting place where local farmers and businessmen would meet and conduct business.
The most infamous highway robber Dick Turpin allegedly stayed at the Beverley Arms Hotel before appearing in front of the town magistrates in 1738. It is also well known today for having a ghost that appears in one of the bedrooms in the older section of the hotel!
Major renovation work was completed in July 2018 and the hotel reopened in August 2018.