DESIGNED BY GETEXTRA
Beverley History – Temperance Hall
The Beverley Temperance Hall on the corner of Cross Street and Champney Road was constructed by the Beverley Total Abstinence Society in 1845 for £300. It became the centre of the abstinence movement and was well supported by the Beverley Guardian newspaper and the local Primitive Methodist Church. Following demolition in the late 1990’s the new Magistrates Court was opened on the site in 2002 with the Treasure House extension of Beverley Library also occupying some of the site from 2007.