DESIGNED BY GETEXTRA
Beverley History – Black Mill
Originally at least five windmills were located on the Beverley Westwood but the remains of only two survive today.
Most locals know the old windmill tower as Black Mill but actually its real name was Far Mill or Baitson’s Mill after Gilbert Baitson rebuilt it in 1803. A windmill has stood on this site since the 1650’s. After fire damage the Pasture Masters removed its working gear when the lease expired 1868.
The other mill that can still be seen on the Westwood is next to the Beverley Golf club and Marne Restaurant and is the old Union Mill or Anti Mill.