DESIGNED BY GETEXTRA
Beverley History – Beverley Station Gardens
A common feature of British Railways stations throughout the UK in the 1950’s and 1960’s was a flower garden situated close to a platform. Beverley Station had one such garden located between the station and the signal box. It won many awards and was very popular with rail passengers
Pictured is the garden in 1964 at its very best thanks to the care and talent of the local station staff. Sadly the garden is long gone, today the former garden site is a car park but it does have a clock and a few bushes!
Interestingly enough the garden and station was constructed on the site of the nursery owned by William Tindall in the 1820’s.