DESIGNED BY GETEXTRA
Beverley History – Armstrong’s Garage
and aircraft factory!
Yes it’s true; when Gordon Armstrong converted the former Tiger Inn into a garage in 1907 he did so with the idea of building cars and aircraft. We don’t know how many cars or aircraft were produced in the workshops at the back but we suspect not many.
The building was constructed in the 15th century and is timber framed. In 1984 it became part of the St Mary’s Court shopping development.
Pictured is Gordon Armstrong’s Garage as many remember it in the early 1960’s.